Saturday, April 5, 2014

Insta-Privacy?

So someone on tumblr shared a photo from instagram just now.  Normally when I see things like this, I click the link for the instagram account and like the photo there as a courtesy.  I did so, but the heart wouldn't stay red.  I clicked the user name so I could see some other photos and - surprise! - it was a private account.  Um, isn't that a bit awkward?  I mean, obviously she's OK with sharing the photo since it's her account and all... but a lot of instagram users are connected via their facebook and use their real names, which they might not have on their tumblr.  I wonder if everyone realizes that by sharing the photo, it allows others to track it back to your instagram (even if they can't see beyond the "this user is private" page).  It just seems a bit weird to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment