Sunday, March 16, 2014

OotD: Roadside Apothecary


I <3 my new messenger bag

I've been pretty excited about this outfit.  I bought it when the weather was still cold and have been dying for a warm enough day to break it out.  ('Warm enough' meaning that I could pair it with my brown platform sandals and bare legs.)  Unfortunately, the weather remains oppressively cold... so I improvised!  I took advantage of the high 40s yesterday and comprised by wearing my Black Milk warm grey leggings and my favorite army green jacket from dELiA*s.  Damn did it feel good to wear something besides a bulky sweater!



Part of the inspiration for this outfit is that I've been messing around with jewelry-making again thanks to a cosplay project I'm undertaking with my friends.  One of my first test pieces was this delightful ring:






I've decided that whatever materials I have leftover from our Sailor Scout costumes will go towards making cosplay and other jewelry for my poor, neglected Etsy shop.  I recommend you bookmark Roadside Apothecary because I should have some pieces up there pretty soon, along with perhaps some occult related things. 



Yesterday was a pretty exciting day, which seems kind of novel after such a brutal, depressing winter.  Le boyfriend and I went to Olive Garden as we had a gift card and I have been having a major craving for tiramisu.  I don't think I've eaten that fast in a while.  I pretty much devoured my meal.  It was glorious.

le boyfriend looking pensive and handsome

Afterward, we went to the craft store for some more supplies, but for some goddamn reason they closed at 4pm that day only.  What the hell?  March 15th is not a real holiday, people.  Ugh.  Well, it looks like I'll be making another trip out this week.

Pic spam below:



These shorts were unintentionally the best purchase I made this month.  I didn't even bother trying them on in the store... I just grabbed my size and threw them on the checkout counter with my fingers crossed.  But... it turns out they have a reversible pattern!!!  One side is paint splotches with a skulls and roses waistband, and the other is skulls and roses with a denim waistband!   I loooooooooove them!




meow :3

No comments:

Post a Comment