Saturday, December 14, 2013

The War on the War on Christmas

This latest addition to the War on Christmas is brought to you by the heathens... literally.

One of my more conservative pagan friends was posting a supposed quote by Ben Stein.  At first, I found myself enjoying the quote, mostly agreeing with it, and finding Ben Stein to have a nice, moderate approach that I would expect from him.  Then things got weird...

I couldn't understand why Ben Stein, an intellectual and a very Jewish man, was going on a Christian Conservative rant.  Yeah, that got my suspicions raised, but luckily this was a lot easier to debunk than the last post.  Snopes popped up almost immediately with this beautiful gem:

Snopes: Confessions for the Holidays

Everyone can now sleep well knowing that Ben Stein hasn't turned into a Christian Conservative politico hellbent on bringing back God to our schools and corporal punishment to our homes.

Also, THERE IS NO WAR ON CHRISTMAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment