Sunday, December 1, 2013

OotD: We Were Born to Die

This was the summer of Lana Del Rey.


http://lookbook.nu/look/3116001-Forever-21-Black-Ruffle-Collared-Shirt-Vanity

My boyfriend was still living in another state and the weather was cold, but Megan and I were already gearing up for a ridiculous summer.  We had just finished raiding the mall before returning to her apartment in what passes for a big city around here.  Later that year I would be interning as a fashion photographer for my friend's start-up jewelry/accessories company, with the Born to Die album more often than not blasting from my car stereo as I commuted to an actual big city for the photo-shoots.  It was the seminal album of that year.

I'm not sure why I had my camera on me that night.  Had this supposedly impromptu photo-shoot been our plan all along?  Perhaps.  I remember coffee and choco-wine and battling Jason with my sparkly $1 wand from Target.  In between the shenanigans we managed to take some photos for Lookbook.  This was probably one of the more sane coordinates of the night.

Forever 21: black ruffled collar shirt, black sun hat
Vanity: purple feather earrings
Rue 21: polka dot heart shaped sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment